3D Environment Artist
PortalOne - Oslo, NO
Portal One are looking for an outstanding 3D environment artist with experience working in Unreal Engine to create visually stunning environments and props for high-end AAA scenarios and mobile platforms. For this role, you'll need to be passionate, driven, and has a solid grasp of environmental storytelling, scene composition and industry-standard tools and processes.
PortalOne develops mobile-first “hybrid games” that combine games and live shows to give users a more engaging games experience, with stunning visuals and interactivity.
This convergence of entertainment forms means that PortalOne's workforce is a mix of people from diverse industries, all working as a single team to create new workflows and pipelines to support production and delivery of next generation gaming entertainment. With founders and colleagues who have pioneered #1 hits in the gaming, film and TV industries around the world, Portal One is a culture of embracing challenge and breaking through barriers to bring great entertainment to life.
Your responsibilities will include...
- Handling props and asset modelling, texturing & shading, environment set dressing, lighting and post-processing
- Creating both stellar high-end studio-quality VR and mobile environments in Unreal that push boundaries while satisfying technical requirements for optimal performance on all relevant platforms
- Working independently and communicating well with the art director, artists, game designers, programmers and other team members
For this role, you will need...
- A minimum of 3 years of recent relevant professional experience
- A strong understanding of real-time 3D game engines and industry-standard art production pipelines
- Experience in environment work within Unreal Engine, including a deep understanding of shader creation, post-processing effects and Blueprints
- Demonstrable skills in props and asset creation, from 2D concept to a fully baked and textured final product that meets technical industry-standards
- Ability to produce both hard and soft surface assets depending on individual needs
- Solid knowledge of optimisation techniques for smooth performance both on mobile devices and high-end VR setups
- Deep understanding of architectural layout, scene composition, colour theory, lighting, visual storytelling, environmental FX and post-processing
- Strong communication skills, self-motivation and a high degree of flexibility, with the ability to adopt a generalist mindset and work independently across multiple related disciplines when needed
- Full-working proficiency and fluency in English
- Experience with Blender, 3ds Max, Maya, Zbrush, Substance Suite and/or Photoshop
- A firm understanding of profiling and optimisation techniques for real-time performance
- Experience with particle/FX creation and animation basics
- A passion for games, animation and VFX
Just some of the benefits of working with PortalOne include...
- A competitive salary
- 25 paid vacation days per year, plus public holidays
- 35 weeks of paid maternity and 10 weeks of paid paternity leave
- Pension program
- Healthcare insurance
- Paid mobile phone subscription
- Paid gym membership
At PortalOne, you will be working in an environment that is supportive, team-oriented, and collaborative. Your work will have a direct influence on the development of their products. In addition to the professional growth opportunities and general benefits, joining the PortalOne team also offers some nice lifestyle perks. You get arcade machines, ping pong, networking, social activities and a creative atmosphere all in one package.
Oslo itself offers the opportunity to easily combine an urban lifestyle with outdoor pursuits. The full range of European cultural offerings comes with the city, but with the added benefit of numerous summer and winter sporting activities just a subway ride away.
Interested? Want to know more?
Get in touch with Liam at +44 (0)1709 834 777 or email email@example.com now!