IO Interactive are on the lookout for a Animation Tech Programmer to join the team that are building their next generation animation system for their bespoke, award-winning Glacier game engine.
They want to lay the foundation and grow their motion matching capabilities and overall, increase the efficiency in using animation in-engine. So if you have experience in animation systems, animation code and have a knack for low level optimizations, this is could be the job of your dreams.
IO Interactive deliver incredible games on a consistent basis. Hitman, James Bond, Kane & Lynch making iteration after iteration better than the one before. They're a stand out studio in a world of great studios, offering an incredible work environment, work on brilliant IP's and benefit packages.
Your responsibilities will include...
- Contributing to developing the new system by developing runtime code, as well as preparing and transitioning gameplay features from the current system
- Being instrumental in training and assisting animators and content creators to fully utilise the new system to achieve their creative vision in an efficient way
- You will also work closely with R&D engineers to integrate cutting edge features and have them work side by side with more traditional approaches
The skills and experience you'll bring to the role...
- A proven track record with animation programming from AAA games or indie games that used novel animation techniques
- Excellent C++ skillset
- Well-founded in mathematics, especially in linear algebra
- Familiarity with modern animation techniques (e.g. IK, parametric blending, time warping, events-based matching, time-based scaling, pivoting, motion matching)
- A background with profiling and optimising code, data driven systems, data-oriented design, SIMD / vector instruction sets
- Comprehensive understanding of programming best-practices
- Collaborative work mentality to find the optimal solutions
Bonus points if you have...
- An in-depth understanding of the state of the art for Animation in Academia and in the Movie Industry
- Expertise with Neural Networks and Machine Learning techniques
- General knowledge of Hero / NPCs controlling approaches
- Master’s degree in computer science or Software Engineering
- Console programming experience on PS4/Xbox One
The position is open in either of their three locations; Barcelona, Malmö or Copenhagen with relocation and VISA support for you and your family.