Build Software Engineer (Remote Options)
Ballistic Moon - Farnborough, UK
Ballistic Moon are on the lookout for a Build Software Engineer to own and manage the build pipelines for the studio, as well ensure these systems can scale as the studio continues to grow.
This role would suit a passionate gamer or someone with experience in the industry, although not essential. Your day-to-day focus will be on coding for engineering and design, however the role does come with an element of ownership and management of your build pipeline and workflow, so a confident self-starter is preferred.
Ballistic Moon is an established Independent Game Studio, based in the South-East of England. They are a rapidly growing team of highly experienced and passionate developers, focused on creating the outstanding and amazing games of the future.
With a major project for a renowned publisher, and their own IP on the way, they are creating new genre-defining games in Unreal Engine 5. They are looking for additional team members to join their group of developers and creatives to help them to realise their vision.
As a Build Software Engineer, you will...
- Build and maintain the build ecosystem for the studio including the autobuilder, static analysis and smoke test pipelines
- Help to identify and develop new features, tools and parts of the build pipeline required in order to support the studio’s growth
- Help to add and maintain build pipeline features to the studio’s hub tool
- Add build pipeline feature hooks into the game when required
- Collaborate with both the Engineering teams and the Director of Technology
For this role, you will need...
- Excellent understanding of software engineering and software design
- Expertise in build pipelines, including the use of automation servers (such as Jenkins) as well as general server maintenance
- Outstanding critical thinking and problem-solving skillset
- Clear communication and troubleshooting
- Tendency to quickly learn and adapt to new programming languages and paradigms
- Capacity to own and manage large portions of a codebase
- Ability to work well with other members of the development team and the founders
- Proficiency in the use of modern IDEs
- Be able to track, add and manage your own tasks proficiently using agile development
- 5+ years experience in software development
- Thorough experience with creating and maintaining automation servers for a company
Bonus points if you have...
- Experience in the video games industry (preferable a shipped title)
- 3+ years experience with C++
- A history of working within agile development environments
- Experience with Jenkins automation server
- A passion for games
- No fear of failure
Just some of the benefits of working with Ballistic Moon include...
- Training & development
- Hybrid/remote working
- Project completion bonus & Christmas bonus – more for senior roles & above-and-beyond performance
- Private medical & dental - personal, partner & children
- Free parking when on site
- Interest-free travel loan for those regularly commuting
- Pension above minimum contributions
- 25 days annual leave + extra days off for Christmas, as well as UK Bank Holidays as standard
- Paid Sabbatical (2 weeks after 6 years, additional 4 weeks after 10 years)
- Local Gym Membership
- Flexible working around core hours of 10am - 4pm
- Share options scheme (under creation)
This is one of the most up and coming studios in the UK. The team they are creating, the work they are doing alongside offering fully remote roles puts them at the top of a lot of people lists.
Get in touch for more details firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834 777 now!