PortalOne are looking for a Concept Artist to create artwork that defines the style, look and feel of their games as well as inspire team members to produce the best looking worlds, props, characters and overall visuals possible.
PortalOne develops mobile-first “hybrid games” that combine games and live shows to give users a more engaging games experience, with stunning visuals and interactivity.
This convergence of entertainment forms means that PortalOne's workforce is a mix of people from diverse industries, all working as a single team to create new workflows and pipelines to support production and delivery of next generation gaming entertainment. With founders and colleagues who have pioneered #1 hits in the gaming, film and TV industries around the world, PortalOne has a culture of embracing challenge and breaking through barriers to bring great entertainment to life.
Your responsibilities will include...
- Creating conceptual designs for environments, props, characters, visual effects, logos, paint-overs, storyboards, colour and lighting compositions
- Working closely with designers, the Art Director and others to create inspirational and functional conceptual designs for both internal and external production
- Assisting in the creation and/or gathering of marketing and promotional art assets
- Reviewing and provide feedback on work produced by in-house and external artists, in association with the art director and other team members
For this role, you will need...
- 3+ years of recent relevant professional experience in the video game or film industries
- A solid understanding of real-time 3D game engines and industry-standard art production pipelines
- Familiarity with how 3D games are created, and basic knowledge of how 3D software works
- Strong aesthetic eye and understanding of multiple visual media and techniques
- Exceptional skills in art fundamentals such as anatomy, composition, colour theory, architecture and lighting
- Well-developed visual communication skills in order to clarify and explain what the art production team needs to create
- Ability to create tangible, production-ready conceptual artwork within a defined set of technical restrictions (i.e. real-time rendering on mid-end mobile devices, etc)
- Full-working proficiency and fluency in English
- Familiarity with graphic design and typography
- Ability to work in 3D applications such as Blender, Maya, ZBrush or Max
- A passion for games, animation and VFX
- Strong soft skills (Professionalism, Communication, Teamwork, Self-Awareness, etc.)
Just some of the benefits of working with PortalOne..
- 35 weeks of paid maternity and 10 weeks of paid paternity leave
- Pension program
- Healthcare insurance
- Paid mobile phone subscription
- Paid gym membership
At PortalOne, you will be working in an environment that is supportive, team-oriented, and collaborative. Your work will have a direct influence on the development of their products. In addition to the professional growth opportunities and general benefits, joining the team also offers some nice lifestyle perks such as arcade machines, ping pong, networking, social activities and a creative atmosphere all in one package.
Oslo itself offers the opportunity to easily combine an urban lifestyle with outdoor pursuits. The full range of European cultural offerings comes with the city, but with the added benefit of numerous summer and winter sporting activities just a subway ride away.