Aardvark Swift are looking for a Environment Artist to join the team at Free Radical Design to work on an exciting and cutting-edge project.
Free Radical Design have a reputation for technological innovation and bring an extremely high standard of professionalism to game development in a fun and inclusive environment. The studio’s origins can be traced back to the late 90's when developers at Rare left to form their own studio: Free Radical Design.
Building upon their experience of creating GoldenEye 007 for the Nintendo 64, Free Radical Design's debut title was the much-loved TimeSplitters for the PlayStation 2. TimeSplitters 2 followed and as the studio's success grew - as did its size, with multiple teams working on Second Sight, TimeSplitters: Future Perfect and the PlayStation 3 exclusive, Haze.
You will be able to bring most of the following to this role…
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Experience in building worlds in engine (UE preferrable) including lighting, time of day, fog/skyboxes, palette control, and post process effects
- Understanding of modularity and environment systems used in fast and efficient production
- Experience and understanding of content creation and optimization
- Understanding of modern materials and shaders
- Highly proficient with Maya/3DSMax/Blender, Zbrush, and Substance Designer/Painter
- Strong traditional art fundamentals, e.g., the function of form, colour, proportions, and shape
In return the studio offers an excellent salary, work environment and a range of perks and benefits.