Aardvark Swift are looking for a Graphics Programmer to join the team at Free Radical Design to work on an exciting and cutting-edge project.
Free Radical Design have a reputation for technological innovation and bring an extremely high standard of professionalism to game development in a fun and inclusive environment. The studio’s origins can be traced back to the late 90's when, several developers at Rare left to form their own studio: Free Radical Design.
Building upon their experience of creating GoldenEye 007 for the Nintendo 64, Free Radical Design's debut title was the much-loved TimeSplitters for the PlayStation 2. TimeSplitters 2 followed and as the studio's success grew - as did its size, with multiple teams working on Second Sight, TimeSplitters: Future Perfect and the PlayStation 3 exclusive, Haze.
You will be able to bring most of the following to this role…
- A degree or solid record in Computer Science, Maths or Physics
- Specialisation in graphics coding
- Industry experience is not essential, but passion and enthusiasm are!
- Advanced understanding of C++ and object-oriented programming
- Well organized, and capable of code design
- Experience of DirectX Graphics, console toolchains, GUI APIs, LUA scripts, or ASM
- Familiarity with console development is a plus
- Effective communication skills
In return the studio offers an excellent salary, work environment and a range of perks and benefits.