Head of Art (Remote Options)
Team17 - Yorkshire, UK
Team17 are looking for an impassioned leader to take responsibility and ownership of the growth, direction and output of the Art department across the Team17 studios.
As the leader of the Art function, you will set and drive the strategy across internal development and their publishing Games Label, presenting the opportunity to work on an eclectic range of genres and artistic styles, where every project is a different puzzle.
Team17 has world-class development talent, industry expertise, and creative and inventive thinking. They’re the perfect home to harness and grow your knowledge and skills, and the breadth of activity here means every day is lively, diverse, invigorating, and full of passion for games.
Team17 has grown and developed as a company, now celebrating 30 years as the spirit of independent games. They are looking for a strategic leader to assess and grow their capabilities, who can celebrate and maintain what they do so well, as well as identifying key and continuous improvements in alignment to their overarching business strategy.
This is an exciting opportunity to take ownership of a prospering team in a vibrant and unique environment, working alongside a talented crew to deliver fun and memorable gaming experiences.
As Team17's Head of Art, you will...
- Lead the art department at Team17 studios at a strategic level, ensuring a strong vision and strategy for the department that aligns with the overall business priorities and direction
- Develop and drive the artistic vision for the studio, staying up-to-date with trends and pioneering new approaches, developments and thinking within your discipline
- Be a key member of the studio leadership team, helping to define the goals, direction, culture and values of Team17 studios
- Take overall accountability and responsibility for the Art Department’s operational effectiveness and quality of work
- Take a proactive stance in addressing and driving through solutions to issues in project delivery where art is involved, with an emphasis on working within project constraints
- Create and maintain a positive and inspiring culture within the art department where your people are motivated and can thrive
- Support the continual growth and development of the people in your team with clear career pathways and ensuring that there are opportunities available to all
- Foster a culture of accountability within the art department, leading from the front and ensuring that ownership and initiative is celebrated
- Maintain the structure, growth, development and scalability of the art department, with succession plans, risk monitoring, clear roles and responsibilities and wage structures
- Support and promote a culture of collaboration at all levels in the department, with other departments and across the business
- Build strong relationships across the business, with external suppliers and with valued Games Label partners
For this role, you will need...
- Prior experience of leading a large team of artists at all levels in the games industry
- To be an energetic leader who has a passion for games and the people who make them
- To be a strategic thinker who is able to maintain a future focus and direction for a team
- Strong project management understanding and commercial awareness
- Expert knowledge of the artistic process and technical underpinnings of game art
- Experience of growing and developing others
Team17 is an equal opportunities employer with a commitment to building a diverse workforce, representative of the world they live and game in!
To discuss this role further, please don't hesitate to contact Jordan Langley on +44 (0)1709 834 777 or email email@example.com