Lead 3D Character Artist (Hybrid Options)
Legou Games - Paris, FR
Legou Games are now seeking to recruit a talented Lead 3D Character Artist with a successful track record working on stylised/cartoon type projects to help head up their brand new Paris studio.
Legou Games, one of the world's fastest-growing AAA game developers, has now opened a new Art Studio in Paris.
Their first title “Rise of Kingdoms” has been a global hit. It has been released in 142 locations around the world and the number of players already exceeds 100 million. We think it's fair to say, it's been a relative success!
Reporting to the Art Director, the Lead 3D Character Artist will...
- Create high-precision models, maps, lighting and rendering for characters and props
- Be responsible for Unity3D resource integration and optimisation
- Conduct daily management of the 3D character team: ensure cohesive leadership, assign tasks, control quality and progress, improve technical level
- Write technical requirement documentation for 3D characters
- Contribute to team recruitment
For this role, you will need...
- 3+ years’ experience working in the game industry as Lead or Senior Artist, with at least 1 shipped title
- A solid professional portfolio with high-quality examples of 3D characters in cartoon style
- Strong affinity with a Disney / Pixar art-style
- Familiar with standard tools and 3D character production pipelines for the game industry
- Deep understanding of material shaders and the best rendering engines like Marmoset, Arnold, or V-Ray
- Good management and teamwork skills
- Ability to organise work according to priorities, ensuring deadlines are met
- To increase the team’s skills through mentorship and artistic techniques
- To be able to work closely with the team, Art Director and external partners to ensure that quality is consistent and cohesive
- To produce technical documents, and schedules alongside the Producer in respect of constraints
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Fluency in spoken and written English (Intermediate or higher)
Bonus points if you have...
- Experience in character animation
- 2D illustrator or quick sketches skills
- Art school background
- Experience in agile-based/SCRUM development
Just some of the benefits of working with Legou include...
- CDI (Unlimited Term) contract
- Competitive salary
- One of the best bonus systems on the Market
- Top quality Medical insurance
- Great offices in great location: Rue Auber, 75009 Paris (100m away from Opera Garnier)
- Flexibility on home-work / office balance
- Generous & caring HR policy
Why join Legou Games?
- Work on a new project, in a gorgeous medieval fantasy world
- AAA-quality on mobile and PC
- Millions of players to enjoy your work
- A work environment that values creativity
- The rare opportunity to join a studio from its creation, to contribute and grow with it!
- Be part of a real game with a rich universe, deep narration, strong characters and rich strategy gameplay
For more information contact Jordan Langley at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834 777 now!