We are working with Rocksteady Studios as they search for a Lead Audio Programmer to work on their latest IP.
The role involves leading, supporting, and providing guidance to a team of experienced audio programmers. You’ll also be applying your technical expertise directly by writing code, developing pipelines, and resolving complex and challenging issues.
Working closely with sound designers and other tech leads, and in line with the Audio Director’s vision, you’ll help to ensure that the functionality and content needed to create the highest quality game experience for the players is met.
- Develop audio features and systems, whilst maintaining a high level of hands-on experience and expertise with the game and related codebases
- Combine both creative and technical knowledge with pragmatic scheduling to produce a realistic and achievable plan of action for Audio Code
- Ensuring project audio engineering, tools, and related technical requirements are met on time, to best-in-class standards
- Keeping audio content creation processes and pipelines highly efficient, including dialogue recording and localisation
- Identifying and resolving technical risks to audio before they impact development or content creation schedules
- Leading by example in the development of best practices
- Interviewing applicants for positions on the Audio Code team and selecting the best candidate for the role
The skills and experience you'll bring to the role...
- A high level of C++ and general technical ability
- Professional game development experience on high-quality projects
- Broad and comprehensive understanding of audio programming, audio asset pipelines, and game technology principles
- Experience leading and supporting a team of programmers
- Self-directed, organised, and able to prioritise effectively
It's a bonus if you have…
- Experience with Python or C#, Unreal Engine 4, Wwise, GUI design, and programming
- Networked game audio experience
- DSP programming preferred
- Familiarity with the latest generation of consoles preferred
Rocksteady are an award-winning, critically acclaimed developer founded back in 2004 and home to the widely celebrated Batman: Arkham series. Rocksteady’s philosophy for game development is all about nurturing a great work environment and treating people well to create quality that stands the test of time.
This means they’re a one-project studio that built their success by combining genre-defining gameplay and character-driven cinematic narrative with AAA production values. Born in the heart of London, their multicultural team takes inspiration from the culture and history of their home in one of the most diverse cities in the world.