Splash Damage are searching for a Lead Backend Engineer to join their critically acclaimed team in the historical county of Kent in the UK!
As an Unreal Engine focused studio, they are excited to be transitioning to the latest in UE5 technology and they are looking for skilled and passionate developers to help them drive this.
As the Lead Backend Engineer, you will be working on their new unannounced title, providing technical leadership, architectural guidance and mentoring for the backend team. You will collaborate closely with game feature teams, but also with other disciplines such as design, gameplay, and UI, to create online services to drive game features such as progression, inventories, purchasing, customer support and much more.
With a strong focus on scalability and performance, you will be responsible for flexibility, reliability, performance, and efficiency of backend related services.
The skills and experience you'll need...
- A strong leadership mindset alongside an enthusiastic attitude and team-first mentality; you'll need the ability to give effective direction and feedback, nurturing professional growth in your team
- A strong practical knowledge of distributed systems and scalable architecture fundamentals (including performance, consistency, communication models, etc)
- A speciality for building, deploying and operating services at scale
- An expertise with cloud-hosted infrastructure automation
- An in-depth understanding of Linux fundamentals
- A track record building online services using modern best practises
- A background working with the security aspects of online services
- Working knowledge of REST services
- A proficiency with relational and non-relational databases
Just some of the benefits Splash Damage offer include...
- Visa sponsorship and relocation support
- Private Medical and Dental cover for you and your family
- Enhanced pension contributions
- Profit share
- Flexible working
- 28 days leave (incl. Christmas shutdown)
Splash Damage specialise in crafting world famous multiplayer first person shooter games such as Wolfenstein, Doom, Gears of War and Halo. They recently celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics and Outcasters and are currently developing several unannounced titles.