We’re supporting Splash Damage with their search for a Lead Backend Programmer to work on their new unannounced title.
As the Lead backend Programmer you will provide technical leadership, architectural guidance and mentoring for the backend team.
You will collaborate closely with game feature teams, but also with other disciplines such as design, gameplay and UI, to create backend services to drive game features such as progression, inventories, purchasing, customer support and much more.
With a strong focus on scalability and performance, you will be responsible for flexibility, reliability, performance and efficiency of their backend technologies.
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- Strong leadership skills, an enthusiastic attitude and team-first mentality
- Able to provide effective direction and feedback to nurture professional growth in your team
- Strong practical knowledge of distributed systems and scalable architecture fundamentals (including performance, consistency, communication models)
- In-depth knowledge of Golang, preferably also knowledgeable in other commonly used backend languages
- Experience building, deploying and operating services at scale
- Strong experience with cloud-hosted infrastructure automation
- Strong knowledge of Linux fundamentals
- Experience building online services using modern best practises
- Experience with the security aspects of online services
- Proficiency with relational and non-relational databases
Splash Damage offer a range or perks and benefits including…
- Access to progressive working patterns including hybrid and fully remote
- Performance-related pay system on top of your basic pay
- Enhanced pension contributions and life assurance scheme
- Visa and relocation packages for you and your family
- Private Medical and Dental Cover
- Extensive Mental Health support including on-site or remote counselling
- Learning and Development course framework to help you grow
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave