Splash Damage are searching for a Lead Build and Automation Engineer to join their critically acclaimed team in the greater London area of Bromley.
As a studio, they specialise in crafting world famous multiplayer first person shooter games such as Wolfenstein, Doom, Gears of War and Halo. Their recent celebrated launches include Gears Tactics and Outcasters, and they are currently developing several unannounced titles. As an Unreal Engine focused studio, they are excited to be transitioning to the latest in UE5 technology and they are looking for skilled and passionate developers to help them drive this.
As the Lead Build and Automation Engineer, you will be responsible for spearheading the effort of building and maintaining the infrastructure, build pipeline and automation framework that supports their games, from both a development and live service perspective. Reporting to the technical Studio Leadership, you will contribute to defining a strategic direction for Builds and Automation and drive its execution.
You will manage and grow a team of engineers and consider their skills and talents build roadmaps, identify risks and work with multiple departments and disciplines to understand and fulfil requirements for the entire automation, and build and release pipelines.
The skills and experience you'll need...
- Professional track record in leading a team of Software Engineers
- Expertise designing, implementing and maintaining build pipelines and infrastructure
- Professional background using Automation and Testing frameworks for game development
- A history with continuous delivery of updates and content for live games.
- A portfolio of deployment and development on multiple platforms
- The ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical team members.
Bonus points if you have experience in...
- Unreal Engine 4 development
- Managing and integrating content delivery networks (CDN)
- Integrating cloud-based infrastructure within build pipelines (i.e. AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Virtual machines and/or containers
- Multiplayer games
- Relevant technology and languages such as SQL, C++, C#, Cake, PowerShell, Python, Linux domain tooling
Just some of the benefits Splash Damage offer include...
- Visa sponsorship and relocation support
- Private Medical and Dental cover for you and your family
- Enhanced pension contributions
- Profit share
- Flexible working
- 28 days leave (incl. Christmas shutdown)