We’re supporting Splash Damage with their search for a Lead Engineer or Technical Lead.
Splash Damage create multiplayer combat games that champion team play and promote lifelong friendships. In this role you will be responsible for all aspects of programming for an entire project.
You will be in charge of your programming team, overseeing the day to day development of the game while liaising with production as well as the studio technical leadership to establish and maintain technical direction.
In charge of all technical aspects of the game, you will work closely with your programming discipline leads, game design, level design, art and production teams, and act as the main technical point of contact for the project.
- Lead the day-to-day management of the project's programming team
- Setting clear technical direction, intent and best practices within your team
- Co-ordinate technical planning and task scheduling with production
- Work with the studio technical leadership to establish and maintain technical direction
- Identifying risks and blockers early and proactively removing them
- Working effectively in open and collaborative environments
- Seeing the big picture impact of decisions and critically evaluating them
- Nurturing professional growth within your team with an enthusiastic attitude and a team-first mentality
- Communicating ideas, intent and constraints to both technical and non-technical team members
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- Professional experience overseeing a large programming team throughout the full game development cycle on a shipped title
- Professional experience overseeing a team of programmer.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Experience creating and maintaining roadmaps and technical plans
- Experienced and proficient in C++
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with waterfall and/or agile production methodologies
- Experience with resource planning and recruitment
- Professional development experience with real-time networked multiplayer games
- Professional Unreal Engine 4 development experience on PC and/or consoles
- Experience developing for Xbox Series, Playstation 5, Xbox One and/or PS4
- Experience developing Game-as-a-Service games
This is an opportunity to represent one of the heavyweights of the UK gaming industry, few other studios can offer what Splash Damage can in terms of projects, benefits and flexibility in working.