Aardvark Swift are supporting the fantastic CI Games in their search for a hands on Lead Gameplay Programmer as they embark on a new development project. The next iteration in their acclaimed Sniper Ghost Warrior Franchise will be developed in a new engine. They are looking for an experienced Unreal developer to spearhead this project.
Your role and responsibilities will include...
- Acting as technical lead in architecting and implementing gameplay systems for Sniper-based gameplay (Player Locomotion, Mission System, Weapons, and Inventory systems)
- Cross team collaboration to prototype and build network replicating, robust systems
- Ensuring that strong architectural decisions are made by team members and drive and share best practice across the gameplay engineering team and other engineering teams
- Helping solve gameplay engineering problems with creative solutions
- Fixing bugs and issues found by testing the gameplay
- Prototyping and iteration on features, being responsive to constructive feedback
- Establishing good testing frameworks within Unreal Engine to ensure realistic memory and CPU targets are met
- Reporting to the Technical Director, ensuring milestones are carefully produced and adhered to, communicating complications and requests for extensions as early as possible
- Guiding and mentoring team members to ensure the Gameplay team is always growing its overall skillsets
The skills and experience you'll bring to the role...
- 4 years as a Senior or Lead Gameplay Programmer (bonus points if this was in FPS Shooter / Tactical FPS games development)
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience building gameplay systems for several games
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine Blueprints and C++ across the pipeline of 3D game development
- Strong communicator with interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and with deadlines
- Open, creative mind and keen to mentor team members
- Comfortable working in a high-growth environment
- Fluency in English
CI Games offer a range of perks and benefits including a profit share program, medical insurance, flexible hours and remote working in line with the studio's core hours 10am - 4pm CET.