Lead Level Designer (EU Remote)
We are supporting CI Games as they look for a Lead Level Designer to join their team as they experience exponential growth.
Founded in 2002, the studio has been creating globally recognised games for 20 years with their most popular franchise, Sniper Warrior, selling over 14 million copies! They currently have a number of exciting projects in the pipeline in Unreal Engine 5, with true ownership of their creative direction.
As a Lead Level Designer at the studio, you will help set and maintain game vision and support, mentor, and develop the level design team. You’ll also develop and oversee the rules and metrics for gameplay spaces.
- Develop the level design vision together with the creative director and executive producer, while overseeing the implementation in-game
- Define and refine level layouts to create an extremely fun, satisfying, and polished level design flow
- Ensure quality goals are met and are in line with the game vision
- Manage the design of the levels through the full cycle of production, from conception to finalisation
- Conceptualise, prototype, build, and script levels according to game vision
- Maintain and balance the readability, difficulty, and pacing of levels
- Work closely with stakeholders to conceive and design environments
- Collaborate with the engineering team to develop and enhance the development of tools and processes used in building levels
- Establish best practices for the level-design team
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- 5+ years experience in a similar role, with 2 or more shipped titles (for PC and consoles) as a level designer
- Experience with visual scripting such as Unreal, CryEngine, and similar
- Ability to work flexibly on both routine and more complex tasks across various projects and time-zones
- Ability to prioritise workload as well as being flexible and responsive to last minute changes
- High level of attention to detail and proficiency using Outlook, Zoom and Teams
- Methodical approach to work
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, able to listen carefully and respond
- Flexibility with core hours, and no-notice holidays.
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Free games and merchandise
- Wrap parties for game releases
CI Games include attractive remuneration, holidays, and social events. Their studio’s inclusive environments thrive with collaborative teamwork with people from all around the world, different nationalities, and languages.
This role also offers remote homeworking with flexible working schedules, a fun environment, and a relaxing culture, including the opportunity to work with the leading technology and creative minds in the world whist you learn as you work and be part of something real that changes the face of gaming forever!