We’re supporting Splash Damage with their search for a Lead/Principal Graphics Programmer.
Splash Damage create multiplayer combat games that champion team play and promote lifelong friendships. At Splash Systems, Rendering and Online programmers make up their Core Tech team and are responsible for implementing the core systems, graphics features, pipelines and infrastructure that empower the development team and provide the solid framework for all their titles. You will work closely with other disciplines to help them realise their ideas through rapid prototyping and iterative agile development.
As a Lead Graphics Programmer, you will be responsible for spearheading the effort of your team from architecture design to implementation of large-scale rendering features. You will consider the skills and talents of your team members and use their experience to identify risk, build roadmaps and become a force-multiplier for your team, mentoring them every step of the way.
Splash Damage believe that constantly improving on your skills is an essential part of the job and offer regular leadership, management, and mentoring training opportunities.
You excel at…
- Setting clear technical direction, intent, and best practices within your team
- Identifying risks and blockers early and proactively removing them
- Working effectively in open and collaborative environments
- Seeing the big picture impact of decisions and critically evaluating them
- Nurturing professional growth within your team with an enthusiastic attitude and a team-first mentality
- Communicating ideas, intent, and constraints to both technical and non-technical team members
You’ll bring to the role…
- Expert knowledge of C++, with relevant professional experience
- Practical and demonstrable professional experience with graphics programming in a modern game engine
- Strong understanding of game-development related 3D maths principles
- The leadership skills to lead a rendering development team
- Professional experience iteratively implementing graphics features from inception to delivery
- Experience working in all phases of game development, from feature design and implementation to bug-fixing
- Experience working closely with design teams to elicit requirements and design graphics and low-level engine systems
Even better if you have experience of…
- Development experience with real-time networked multiplayer games
- Unreal Engine 4 development experience on PC and/or consoles
- Multi-threaded development
- Dev experience for Scarlett, PS5, Xbox One and/or PS4
- Profiling and optimising code for optimal CPU, memory, and bandwidth usage
- Developing procedurally generated environments