Deep Silver FISHLABS have always aimed to create outstanding gaming experiences for both console and PC, based on internationally recognised brands and made with state-of-the-art technology, pushing the boundaries of what is possible!
They were created by a group of gamers who have had gamepads in their hands for as long as they can remember, so they take great care when deciding which projects to take on. They will only tackle projects that they fully believe in, constantly questioning their methods, never settling for second best and always giving it all they have.
They are looking to recruit a Lead Programmer to join them at their Hamburg Studio. The role will have you managing a small programming team of two engineers and will see you working on an upcoming AAA first-person action game for consoles and PC.
You will be...
- Taking responsibility for the technical fields like gameplay, UI, and replication
- Responsibility for all coding and engineering-related topics within the project
- Technical leadership of the team
- Collaborate closely with designers, other engineers, and artists
- Architect, implement, improve, and extend game features/systems
- Promote and uphold a high level of code quality
- Align with DS Dambuster on all technical matters
You will need...
- At least 7+ years of relevant work experience and at least 2+ years in a similar leadership position in the video games industry
- 2+ years of experience with Unreal Engine 4
- 1+ years of experience with real-time synchronous multiplayer development in Unreal Engine 4
- University degree in Computer Science (or comparable education)
- At least two shipped titles where credited as a Programmer
- Proven leadership abilities and strong communication skills
- Very good problem analysis skills and ability to find simple, robust, and efficient solutions to complex problems
- The ability to understand and debug other programmer’s code
- Self-contained, motivated, and aim-oriented way of working, as well as high level of self-motivation
- Very good knowledge of the English language (written and spoken)
Bonus points if you have...
- Experience developing AAA titles on Xbox One or PlayStation 4 consoles
- Mission support