Black Forest Games are currently looking for a Lighting Artist to work on their upcoming high-quality projects with Unreal Engine. They will be working on setting up and maintaining a part of the lighting and moods for their games.
Your responsibilities will include...
- Work with the Executive Art Director on defining moods and lighting styles.
- Set up the main lighting and moods of our levels/worlds.
- Set up local lighting of indoors and key locations.
- Set up of lighting for cutscenes and cinematics.
- Set up and lighting of dynamic VFX made by our VFX Team.
- Maintain the right balance between visual quality and performance requirements.
- Maintain/develop their lighting pipeline, research for new lighting techniques.
The skills and experience you'll bring to the role...
- Shipped at least 1 title as a full time Lighting Artist.
- 3+ years’ experience at a game studio working as a lighting artist.
- Strong knowledge of luminance and color theory.
- Strong knowledge of modern lighting techniques, technical and performance pipelines.
- Able to work on different visual styles from Realistic to Stylized.
- Self-motivated, technical problem solver, team player.
Bonus points if you have...
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 and Unreal 4 lighting pipeline.
- Experience with performance tracking tools (Pix, Razor, RenderDoc).
Perks and Benefits...
- Flexible working hours
- Work-life balance
- Additional health insurance
- Fitness area in the studio
- Social events
- Relocation support
- Free German language classes
Black Forest Games is part of the fastest growing publisher in Europe, Embracer Group, and the biggest studio of THQ Nordic Vienna. Their last release was the highly successful remake of ‘Destroy All Humans!’.
Black Forest Games are based in the south of Germany, directly at the French border, we combine the creative freedom and culture of an independent studio with the financial security of a big publisher.