Ballistic Moon are looking to hire a Lighting artist to join their Art team and work with the Lead Lighting Artist. This is an important role in the art team and requires a creative artist with a cinematic eye and the confidence to deliver a given art vision.
You’ll employ your problem-solving skills and knowledge of PBR pipelines to collaborate on and delivering cinematic and gameplay lighting setups.
- Deliver high-quality lighting solutions to the project benchmarks
- Follow the studio guidance for lighting and shading and maintain best practices
- Create or oversee lighting work, both in studio and outsourced
- Create well written lighting documentation where required
- Work with Producers and the Lighting Lead to ensure a realistic project scope
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- 2+ years games industry or similar industry (film/tv) experience as a Lighting Artist
- Shipped one or more projects through a full development cycle or have professional published work
- Experience with lighting in a PBR pipeline/ game engine
- Experience in Maya and a good understanding of modern shader libraries; presentation experience in Marmoset, Substance, Vray, Unreal.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, presentation and organisational skills, able to interact with other disciplines and outsource teams effectively
- Hands on knowledge of lighting, post-pro optimisation and associated technical lighting and colour pipelines
- Working knowledge of lighting be it cinematic, traditional or games
- Positive and grounded attitude and open to collaboration and working remotely
- A passion for games with a good understanding of the games industry, development cycles and professional workflows
Non-essential bonus skills…
- Working experience in UE4, Unity and in-house game engines such as Frostbite, the White engine or Decima
- Knowledge of various lighting techniques, post-pro editing and a keen interest in cinematography
- A good understanding of colour theory and an open approach to stylistic application
- Worked within an agile development methodology
Ballistic Moon are a new independent game studio, based in the South East of England who are destined for great things. They are a tight knit passionate team of highly experienced developers, focused on creating exceptional and innovative games for next generation platforms.
The studio is currently working with a AAA publisher in the early stages of pre-production for a major new project as well as creating their own IP.
Following application please be prepared to put together a portfolio showcasing a solid knowledge of lighting work and key discipline traits such as cinematic lighting, colour theory and dynamic vs baked approaches.