Senior Game Engineer (Global Remote)
Gala Games – San Francisco, US
Are you a specialised Senior Game Engineer who can turn a game idea into code in a fast moving environment? Here’s an opportunity to join a games studio with amazing growth plans and able to offer fully remote working. Gala Games are a developer and publisher of blockchain games with a focus on having a player owned ecosystem.
You will be involved in various aspects of game’s creation from concept to finished product including coding, programming, audio, design, production and visual arts.
With values based on openness and ownership and the ability to deliver games, experiences, and opportunities to people across the world they are breaking down barriers to bring their gaming community joy, entertainment, and real-world value.
The team work remotely and flexibly, fostering a great team ethic while giving the freedom to create things that are new and exciting. They are also able to offer an amazing salary and befits package.
Your role and responsibilities will include...
- Translating requirements into complicated but clean and efficient code
- Constructing the base or the engine on which the game will run
- Producing prototypes of gameplay ideas and features
- Developing schedules and determining milestone
- Animating characters and objects
- Contributing to the design and audio features of the game
- Detecting identification and resolution, and document technical specifications
- “Polishing” the game, maintaining code, fixing bugs and ironing out any problems
The skills and experience you'll need..
- Proven track record in full lifecycle game development
- High level understanding of APIs and libraries
- Expertise in one or more programming specialties (artificial intelligence, 3D Rendering, 3D animation, physics, multiplayer/networking, or audio)
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest gaming trends, techniques, best practices and technologies
- An ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
Bonus points if you have...
- An interest in blockchain projects.
- A familiarity with Ethereum
Just some of the benefits of working with Gala Games include...
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Working Hours
- Unlimited PTO
- Fully Remote and Location Independence
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (US Based employees)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Professional Development Stipend
If you would like to apply or learn more, contact Paul Walker on +44 (0)1709 834 777 or drop an email at email@example.com