Network Engineer (Remote Options)
Quell Tech - London, UK
Quell Tech are looking to add a Network Engineer to their team! In this role, you be responsible for creating systems to scale with their ever-growing community of players. You will architect and deploy their network services allowing users to play with their friends, check out how they shape up on leaderboards, and track their fitness over time.
Quell Tech are on a mission to make fitness gaming incredible. Their launch title lets you get fit fighting, running, leaping and dodging your way through an unforgettable fantasy world. The studios has built a game-changing wearable device which adds resistance, powerful haptics and motion tracking to the player’s actions without the need for a VR set-up.
Your role and responsibilities will include...
- Architecting, designing, and creating multiplayer features
- Sharing knowledge with your team and the wider company in a highly collaborative and positive development culture
- Collaborating with your colleagues as a key member of a small team
- Working closely with the backend and live teams to bring the best possible online experience to players
The skills and experience you'll need...
- 4+ years of professional development in Network Engineer roles
- Proficiency in architecting, designing and implementing network features and systems from scratch for a scalable live game in Unity
- An understanding of software engineering fundamentals (design patterns, architecture at scale, maintainability over time, data structures, robust API design, etc.)
- Self-starter who can prioritise complex, interdependent tasks and communicate these to stakeholders
Bonus points if you have...
- A background in Unity’s networking middleware (Mirror, Photon, etc.)
- Specialisation developing multiplayer features for PC or Mac
- An understanding of the challenges involved in maintaining, iterating and scaling a product
- Expertise with server-side languages (e.g. Node/Typescript, Go, Python, C#, Java, PHP, Rust)
- Familiarity with dependency injection
- Understanding of CI/CD processes
- Knowledge of lag compensation and latency mitigation techniques
- Previous experience with Agile methodologies
Just some of the benefits of working with Quell Tech include...
- Competitive salary and equity in a high-growth, well-capitalised start-up
- Free books; add anything you like to their library
- Discounted bikes. Save up to 25%+ through the cycle to work scheme
- Shape the culture of a young, ambitious organisation
Interested? Want to know more?
Contact Paul Walker on 01709834777 or email email@example.com now!