We’re looking for a Network Programmer to join Free Radical Design.
The studio origins can be traced back to the late 1990's when, several colleagues working at Rare, left to form Free Radical Design. Building upon their experience of creating GoldenEye 007 for the Nintendo 64, Free Radical Design's debut title was the much-loved TimeSplitters for the PS2. TimeSplitters 2 followed and as the studio's success grew - so did its size, with multiple teams working on Second Sight, TimeSplitters: Future Perfect and the PlayStation 3 exclusive, Haze.
Fast forward to the present and Free Radical Design have teamed up with Deep Silver Dambuster Studios to spark the next game in the TimeSplitters franchise. Despite having close links to DS Dambuster, they are managing the project independently.
What this means for you is the chance to work on a AAA style game while reaping the benefits of the indie studio office vibe. Free Radical Design have a reputation for technological innovation and bring an extremely high standard of professionalism to game development in a fun and inclusive environment.
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- Broad experience of server/network programming and principles, including database design, replication, load balancing, reliable/unreliable messaging, latency minimisation, security
- 2+ years of server/network development experience in high load scenarios - games experience is desirable but not essential
- A passion for the latest Web technology, an interest in games is a definite advantage
Desirable but not essential…
- Degree in Computer Science or a similar subject
- Experience with Unreal engine
- Experience with next-gen game platforms
- Experience with web services
- Familiarity with agile principles