Are you a Network Programmer with strong Unreal 4 programming experience? Do you want to be involved with an exciting AAA game development project that will bring a new flavour and twist to an already hugely popular genre of games.
As the new Network Programmer you will be joining a studio which has some serious financial backing and is growing the development team on their next generation AAA IP.
The studio is based out of Barcelona, which is typically a location associated with mobile titles, however this studio is bucking the trend and will be creating highly complex AAA games using Unreal for console and PC.
As the studio expands their development team there will be a number of positions available, but one of the key positions as the studio prepares to begin production in early 2021 is for a specialist Network Programmer, which is where you come in!
To be suitable for the role, you need proven record of...
- Developing fast, reliable and most importantly, fun multiplayer features in collaboration with gameplay and design teams.
- Understanding existing functions and suggesting and developing improvements all with the end goal of bringing the best multiplayer experience to players.
- Collaborating with colleagues in production and support teams
- Resolving network bugs
- Documenting your work
The experience and skills that will be key include...
- Experience optimising Unreal for networks.
- Experience implementing mid-size multiplayer games.
- Focus on traffic optimisation, lag reduction, quality of service
- Experience of UE4 Game Ability System