A veteran AAA studio are searching for an Online Software Engineer for their Madrid studio, joining them either in-house or from anywhere in selected countries.
As an Online Software Engineer, you will be providing major online gaming components and features with a focus on code quality, extensibility and testability, and to provide support to engineers on the team. You will design next-generation game engine components used to power online gaming experiences and services.
Your role and responsibilities will include...
- Participation in distributed agile development across multiple teams
- Writing code and assisting in designing of interfaces for game systems utilising C++ and object-oriented programming
- Evaluating system performance, troubleshooting, and developing complex modifications to applications as needed
- Collaborating with other Software Engineers and Team Leads in developing recommendations to improve quality control and team productivity
- Working directly with both client and server teams to maintain high-traffic services for multi-platform games
- Iterating and designing improvements to live systems and workflows
- Identifying bottlenecks and slow queries and improve them
The skills and experience you'll bring to the role...
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional background.
- 5+ years of development in Agile/Scrum environment
- A proficiency with C++ with an emphasis on OOP/D
- Familiarity with MySQL or similar relational database
- Expertise in a Windows environment. Linux experience is a plus
- Specialisations in client-server architectures, basic network protocols (e.g. TCP/IP and UDP), concurrency, and latency
- Multithreaded programming and debugging expertise
- Specialisation in scripting languages (i.e. Lua, Python), XML and C#
- An ability to test and debug other Software Engineer's code competently
- Knowledge of source code management: Git or Perforce is preferred
***Remote Options from any of the following countries: Spain, Romania, Sweden, Germany, United Kingdom***