We’re supporting Splash Damage in their recruitment for a Principal/Lead Graphics Programmer.
For more than 20 years, they’ve been creating team-based multiplayer experiences that have entertained millions of players all over the world and forged countless new friendships along the way.
As a Principal/Lead Graphics Programmer, you will be responsible for spearheading the effort of your team from architectural design to implementation of large-scale rendering features. You will consider the skills and talents of your team members and use their experience to identify risk, build roadmaps, and become a force-multiplier for your team, mentoring them every step of the way.
- Create multiplayer combat games that champion team play and promote lifelong friendships
- Set a clear technical direction, intent, and best practice within your team
- Identify risks and blockers early and proactively remove them
- Work effectively in open and collaborative environments
- Analyse the big-picture impact of decisions and critically evaluate them
- Nurture professional growth within your team with an enthusiastic attitude and a team-first mentality
- Communicate ideas, intent, and constraints to both technical and non-technical team members
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- Expert knowledge of C++, with relevant professional experience
- Practical and demonstrable professional experience with graphics programming in a modern game engine
- Strong understanding of game-development related 3D maths principles
- The leadership skills to lead a rendering development team
- Professional experience iteratively implementing graphics features from inception to delivery
- Experience working in all phases of game development, from feature design and implementation to bug-fixing
- Experience working closely with design teams to elicit requirements and design graphics and low-level engine systems
It's a bonus if you have…
- Professional development experience with real-time networked multiplayer games
- Professional Unreal Engine 4 development experience on PC or consoles
- Experience with multi-threaded development
- Experience developing for Scarlett, PS5, Xbox One, or PS4.
- Experience profiling and optimising code for optimal CPU, memory, and bandwidth usage
- Experience developing procedurally generated environments
Perks and benefits include...
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, mental health support and a 24/7 digital GP service
- Employee assistance programme
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave and 10 weeks paternity leave
- Enhanced company pension contributions and a group life assurance scheme