Winkel Games are searching for a Senior 2D Artist to work on their Social Casino games! They're a London-based games studio that creates and publishes mobile games for a wide audience.
They recruit passionate and creative profiles, who combine data and new technologies to disrupt the mobile market. Driven by a fail-fast, test-and-learn culture, they welcome wonderfully talented people wishing to undertake and take part in unique, ambitious and challenging projects. Winkel aim to foster excellence, both individual and collectively, which to them means solving problems by breaking the rules, learning fast and autonomously, and delivering with the greatest execution.
Your role and responsibilities will include...
- Owning the art for the mini-games and the host app, from concept to implementation of assets, animations, and UI
- Collaborating with programmers and the Product Manager to help create and implement high quality visuals within technical constraints, and deadlines
- Being proactive in generating new ideas in prototyping stages, and creative solutions
- Working within a pre-existing art direction, and willing to help improve it
The skills and experience you'll need...
- Excellent 2D skillset (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Expertise in UI and 2D animation
- Comprehensive understanding of Unity, including Unity UI and Unity animation systems
- Fluency in English
- 3+ years of developing games/apps, preferably in small teams or autonomously, owning the art
- An ability to adapt the to an existing art direction, open to receiving constructive feedback and focused on creating the best player experience
Comprised of an industry-experienced team, Winkel have started from scratch with no pre-conditions, no baggage, no boundaries and no games! Everything is new, exciting and fun.
They are developing several products right now, and aim to launch them soon.