Splash Damage are on the lookout for a hardworking Senior 3D Artist to assist in building an asset art pipeline for an exciting new IP. Working within their multi-discipline art team, you will be making a wide range of hard surface and organic models while collaborating with Outsource partners, Art direction, Tech-Art, and Concept Art to ensure assets a visually impressive and are within the performance constraints.
Splash Damage are dedicated to crafting team-based games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork. They’ve forged enduring experiences within some of gaming’s most beloved franchises over the years and are now entering a bold new era fuelled by ambitious projects utilising both established and original IP, a move into self-publishing and expansion into new locations.
Your role and responsibilities will include...
- Working with the Art Leads and fellow artists to create inspiring hard surface and organic style models while ensuring a consistent art style is maintained across the game
- Collaborating with Art Leads and other departments such as Art Direction, Concept Art and Tech Art to ensure a consistent art style is maintained across the game while monitoring gameplay and performance requirements
- Liaison with external outsource partners to ensure quality is visually impressive and consistent
The skills and experience you'll need...
- Proficiency in art software packages such as Maya, ZBrush, Substance and Photoshop
- Comprehensive understanding of art fundamentals and design (including understanding of composition and colour)
- Good communication skillset and ability to receive and act upon feedback
- Hardworking and have a strong passion to learn and improve as an artist
- Good awareness of UE4 engine budgets and constraints
Bonus points if you have...
- Industry experience in a similar role
- An impressive portfolio that shows artist knowledge of World Building, Modelling, Mapping and Texturing
Just some of the benefits of working with Splash Damage include...
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family
- Mental health support from their trained Mental Health First Aiders or via their third-party counselling service
- 25 days of annual leave, plus 8 public holidays and their annual closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Industry-leading fully-paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
- Enhanced company pension contributions
- Group life assurance scheme
Their efforts have been recognised with several best employer awards over the years. Most recently, they were awarded the coveted 3-star ‘world-class employer’ accreditation by Best Companies and named the 58th best large company to work for in the UK, and the 29th best large company in London.