As Build A Rocket Boy’s new Senior 3D Artist, you will drive the story of their game with art. Visual story telling using set dress and the crafting the highest quality assets are your passions. You have a drive for excellence that you use to inspire the team around you.
Working closely with the Lead 3D Artist, Design Team, and Art Direction, you will ensure that all aspects of their world look exceptional.
Your responsibilities will include...
- Craft truly AAA quality 3D assets from scratch to game ready final assets.
- Work closely with the Lead Environment Artist and Art Director to create high quality 3D environment art.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest industry tools and work with their engineers and tech artist department to bring them into their workflow.
- Ensure 3D assets conform to the defined technical and artistic requirements.
- Work with production staff to manage personal deliverables, ensuring they meet the defined objectives, defined quality bar, and schedule.
- Mentor and inspire junior artists.
- Implement final assets into the game engine, work closely with the environment art team to make sure all the requirements are met they need.
The skills and experience you'll bring to the role...
- A solid portfolio demonstrating experience in the creation of high quality, high resolution 3D assets, UV maps and textures.
- A minimum of 3 years professional experience as an artist in the games industry with at least 1 AAA shipped title.
- Strong modelling skill and experience in a major DCC package. (3dsmax, Maya, Modo)
- Experience with texture creation/authoring tools such as the Substance Suite.
- Experience working with a game engine (Unreal, Unity or similar).
- A strong understanding of art fundamentals.