Senior AI Programmer
Red Kite Games – Leeds, UK
We’re supporting Red Kites Games with their search for a Senior AI Programmer to join the studio and work on an exciting new and recognised title.
This is a pivotal role in determining the games behaviour and will be highly collaborative, you will develop AI features and systems from the ground up, contribute to the programming team's collective knowledge and help to architect, plan, and troubleshoot development.
You will join an experienced group of talented developers who share a passion for creating AAA quality games. Your skills and perspective will complement a team built on transparency, trust, and integrity; a team who are not afraid to challenge themselves in the pursuit of excellence.
In your new role you will…
- Work with Code Leadership to plan, estimate, and write high-quality performant AI code
- Collaborate with Game and Level Designers, reviewing gameplay feature specifications and provide AI-specific insight
- Prototype and implement impactful and intelligent NPC and Bot gameplay features and systems, such as, path finding, movement, team logic, goal planning, memory, knowledge, crowds, targeting
- Design, write and test efficient code, contribute to code reviews and champion best practice
The skills and experience you’ll bring…
- 3+ years games industry experience
- Excellent working knowledge of C++
- Experienced in developing advanced AI features and systems on a published title
- Experience with Behaviour Trees, Knowledge Representation, Pathing & Traversal Algorithms, Animation Blend Trees
- Understanding of what makes a game feel “smart”
- Receptive to feedback to evolving designs and iteration
- Excellent communication skills
Although not essential any experience of the following would be a bonus...
- Critical and analytical approach to problem solving
- Author technical designs
- Mentored less experienced programmers
- Interested in the field of game Artificial Intelligence
Red Kite pride themselves on being a relaxed and friendly place to work and are built upon the belief that working smarter is better than working harder. Every team member can shine in the studio's positive social atmosphere, facilitated by shared interest groups, afterwork clubs and charity fundraising events.
You’ll be joining a long standing part of the UK games industry with a proven track record of creating cutting edge games across different genres from AAA PC and console games to cloud gaming for multiple world-class AAA publishing partners, such as Microsoft, Sony, Activision, 2K, SEGA, Epic Games, Warner Bros. 505, Remedy, Rare and Codemasters.
That's just the tip of the iceberg though, the projects Red Kite are currently working on would make any developer excited at the prospect of being part of it.
To join one of the best places to work as a game developer contact Dave Moss at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777.