nDreams studio Orbital is looking to hire a Senior Animator to join the studio as they pioneer development in live service games for VR, you’ll be joining right at the heart of both a new team and project right.
As a Senior Animator you’ll be breathing life into the immersive potential of awe-inspiring alien VR worlds and take ownership for all animations created at nDreams Orbital.
You’ll be working collaboratively across the project to create engaging animations that complement the visual style of the game, embellish its design, and are optimal and able to be realised successfully in-game.
Your responsibilities will be…
- Collaborate with the Art Director to bring the world and characters to life and create an emotional bond with players to draw them into the VR experience
- Deliver cohesive, dynamic, and believable animations for fantastical creatures, bi-peds, robot AI and future technology
- Effectively communicate and illustrate animation intentions to the team
- Verify animations in VR and make improvements where necessary to fit technical limitations and artistic direction
- Help support the project as we move into the live operations phase of development
- Contribute to other areas of the project when possible, e.g., environmental animations and rigging
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- Industry experience with published titles (console, PC, mobile, VR)
- Strong knowledge of animating in Maya or Motion Builder
- Real-time engine experience, ideally in Unreal
- Creation of animations in Sequencer, with a knowledge of blueprints
- Interest in the latest VR technologies and current trends in art content creation
- Working knowledge of industry standard project management tools and source control software
- Creative mindset with problem-solving abilities and a desire to develop personally
- Positive and outgoing personality and able to adapt based on feedback
- Bonus points if you have skinning and rigging knowledge
Please prepare a portfolio of animation in a variety of styles, highlighting timing, spacing, weight and believability.
nDreams' Orbital studio shares a passion for innovation, collaboration and defining the future of VR. They encourage an open, creative, and diverse culture and empower people to explore their ideas and put their own stamp on projects.
They offer great perks, including remote working, flexible core hours, private health insurance, and pension.
Orbital is a remote first studio with the advantages that brings. They will also hold social get togethers once per quarter to bond and become the best team they can be.