IO Interactive are wanting to bring in a Senior Audio Programmer.
As a Senior Audio Programmer at IO Interactive, you will be collaborating closely with the Sound Designers, Technical Directors, Producers, and Gameplay Programmers to define the roadmap that will ensure cutting-edge AAA audio on all the company's projects.
IO Interactive is an independent videogame development and publishing company with studios in Copenhagen, Malmö, and Barcelona. Famed for the creation of several AAA games including Hitman, Kane & Lynch, Freedom Fighters, Mini Ninjas, and their latest title, Project 007, they are committed to creating unforgettable characters and experiences.
- Design and implement audio features and tools for IO Interactive's bespoke engine, Glacier
- Work on audio development and systems such as workflows, tooling, and developing audio systems, by working individually and in collaboration with the audio programmer
- Work on game-specific audio development
- Improve and develop the gameplay audio code, triggering for gameplay interactions, such as footsteps, guns, and collisions
- Maintain, optimise, and improve existing systems
- Work closely with sound designers to help them create top-notch audio experiences
The skills and experience you'll bring to the role…
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or are self-taught to a similar level
- Experience writing runtime and memory-efficient code, debugging, and maintaining complex software systems
- Knack for gameplay programming and tools development
- Advanced knowledge of mathematics
- Excellent C++ and code design skills