Aardvark Swift is supporting Ape² in their search for a skilled Backend Developer to support the implementation of core multiplayer and open world services for their Above.Land gaming project.
Your responsibilities will include...
- Design and build the very backbone of their Open World System to handle multiple zone instance streaming and thousands of player sessions simultaneously
- Ensure multiplayer tools and the features they support are robust and functional at all times
- Design and build back-end systems that will allow automation to identify player issues to deflect traffic or provide automated resolutions
- Create frameworks, APIs and tools for use by a large-scale, online multiplayer game
- Work with client-side developers to create efficient communication structures and ensure synchronization between client/server
- Responsible for performance and general quality of server code, systems and connected features
- Create web-based dashboards and other tools to support game operations, analytics, deployment, and testing
- Connect with other departments within the Dev & Engineering team and Ape² globally to improve existing tools and determine new solutions
- Support gameplay programmers to plug in game features to the backend wherever it applies
The skills and experience you'll bring to the role...
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 5-7 years of working in developing scalable backends for applications preferably for large scale games.
- Strong expertise of using Docker in local and production environments along with Kubernetes.
- Strong proficiency with ASP.net and willingness to modify code at will.
- Strong proficiency with open source technologies, Linux and AWS.
- Must have coded and maintained one public API with 1-2 Million DAU.
- Must have used Message Queues in production such as RabbitMQ / Kafka.
- Proficiency with communication APIs (HTTP short and long polling, HTTP streaming, REST, WebSockets).
- Experience with one or more languages, such as Node.js / Express/ Golang.
- Efficient use of Caching systems like Redis / Memcache.
Bonus points if you have...
- 3-5 years of recent game development experience and a solid understanding of game creative and production processes / pipelines
- Successfully implemented server-side logic for one or more multiplayer games or other applications with similar interaction.
- Understanding of blockchain programming (Solidity)
- Experience with Kibana / Grafana setup
- Experience with JS frontend framework like Vuejs or ReactJS
- Expertise with Unreal Engine and advanced skills in C++
- Strong Github profile with open source contributions