Outplay Entertainment are on the lookout for an experienced Senior Backend Programmer with a passion for working on scalable, distributed cloud systems to join their back-end technology team. They are one of the biggest names when it comes to casual mobile games, With over 160 million downloads, a multitude of hit games and remote working, they are an attractive option for any developer to join.
In terms of background, they need somebody who is at adept with Agile practices and enthused by the prospect of getting hands-on with Python microservices infrastructure hosted in AWS, its extensive REST API, SQL and no-SQL databases, queues and analytics.
You will be working with a team of skilled software engineers, closely collaborating with client-side shared technology teams to shape the future technology platform behind the games their players enjoy!
For this role, you will need commercial experience of developing & maintaining server-side systems, as well as performing operations on live products. You'll be the type of person to share and expand your skills and knowledge by working at scale with a range of technologies within a team of like-minded engineers.
The skills and experience you'll need...
- Previous professional history in a software development role
- Software engineering expertise and proficiency
- A background in design patterns and algorithms
- Expertise with testability
Bonus points if you have skills and experience in...
- Infrastructure Security
- Cloud technologies (AWS)
- DevOps practices
- Software development methodologies, such as Agile and Scrum
- Design and implementation of micro-service architectures
- RESTful API development
- SQL and NoSQL databases (MongoDB)
- Frontend technologies (React)
- Linux and scripting languages
- Implementation of caching technologies, such as Redis
- Usage of Docker and containers