Torn Banner Studios are looking to add a talented backend developer to their team. This is an exciting time to join a team working to make Chivalry: Medieval Warfare 2, the sequel to their multi-million copy selling original. You will be tasked with supporting it and future titles. They are a small independent studio of around 50 developers in Toronto, so you'll be part of a close-knit team, building the future of the company!
As a Senior Backend Developer, you will be responsible for a wide range of tasks and should expect a variety of challenges to tackle across various areas of the game. This will include the implementation of new features as well as debugging and optimising existing ones. In addition, the role requires excellent communication skills as you will be collaborating closely with team members from other departments.
The skills and experience you'll need...
- At least 5 years professional development in video game programming
- Expertise with AWS, Azure or other cloud service providers
- A background with matchmaking, analytics, and authentication systems
- A firm grasp of micro-services architecture
- Strong interpersonal communication skillset
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative-taking
- An understanding and passion for video games
- Predilection and the ability to take on research and self-education
- Willingness to work in Toronto is preferred, but remote opportunities are available
Bonus points if you have...
- A B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or an equivalent degree
- Experience developing and supporting backend services for large titles
Just some of the benefits of working with Torn Banner include...
- 4.5 weeks Paid vacation
- Bonus Structure
- Relocation assistance
- Flexible schedule
- Weekly happy hour
- Healthcare & benefits