Senior Cinematic Animator (Hybrid Options)
Supermassive Games - Guildford, UK
Supermassive Games is an award-winning studio, known for the critically acclaimed game Until Dawn and The Dark Pictures Anthology.
They are seeking a Cinematic Animator, ready to contribute to our unique narrative experience at the highest levels of AAA production on one of their exciting new titles!
This is a permanent role and you will be joining an award-winning team at the initial stages of development.
With a passion to deliver high-end cinematic games, Supermassive Games is carving a unique and exciting path in the games industry.
Working closely with the Animation Director, you will...
- Follow an artistic vision and interpret feedback and direction accurately
- Interpret storyboards and contribute throughout the whole pipeline, quickly iterating on pre-viz to final animation
- Edit motion capture data
- Create and iterate on high quality key-frame animations for a wide variety of characters, creatures and props
For this role, you will need...
- At least 7 years of experience as an animator, working on at least one AAA game
- Strong staging and block-out skills, with a good eye for character posing
- Able to clean up and enhance motion captured performances
- Detailed knowledge of the workflows and methods involved in animating game characters, vehicles, and objects
- A strong portfolio of work which demonstrates the ability to create high-quality animations
- A deep knowledge of Maya and Motion Builder
- Experience of character rigs and facial animation solutions
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4
- A drive to constantly push animation quality and try out new ideas
- A highly positive and proactive work ethic
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Passion for video games
Just some of the benefits of working with Supermassive Games include...
- Quarterly profit-related bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension and life assurance
- Social events - including large summer party
- Constantly improving tools and workflow so you can focus on creativity
- Fast decision-making allowing good ideas to flourish
- Supportive, inclusive and friendly team culture
- Work-life balance
- Ultimately, you’ll work on the cutting edge - making innovative and immersive game
For more information regarding this vacancy please contact Jordan Langley on +44 (0)1709 834 777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org