Slightly Mad Studios are looking for a Senior Engine Programmer to join their engine programming team to work on their state-of-the-art engine, which has been meticulously refined over the past 15 years to fuel the most advanced simulation games in the world. The best part is: you can work remotely from anywhere! No other studio is better equipped for it than Slightly Mad Studios, they have been doing it for more than 10 years!
This is an excellent opportunity to get your hands on some complex and powerful tech behind some of the industry’s best games.
Slightly Mad Studios' MADNESS Engine is a definitive cross-platform engine and development framework, with multi-core/processor architecture, low-level support layers designed for multi-threaded use, race-driver-verified physics, and class-leading tyre modelling. It is also used to power cutting-edge simulation adaptions for their partners and clients - from automotive to mining, autonomous vehicle AI to tailor-made VR showrooms; from off-the-shelf solutions to full bespoke simulations.
You will be...
- Improving and maintaining the Madness Game Engine used by all of their games
- Collaborating with the Technical Director, department leads and programmers to design and implement the core engine functionality
- Incorporating other disciplines to deliver end-to-end functionality on time and to the required specification
- Contributing to technical design documents
- Fluency in C++
- An adeptness in engine programming
- Game or Simulation industry experience
- A proven capability in debugging and optimisation
- Excellent communication, time management & organisational skills
***This role is fully remote***