Nitro Games, founded in 2007, have had continued year on year success with the high end, action, free to play mobile titles. They are looking for a Senior Game Designer, with onsite, hybrid or potential remote options from their offices in either Kotka or Helsinki.
The studio provides an environment where you are trusted and given the freedom to pick where and how you work. You can work at the office or at home and mix them as you want, it is your choice.
Nitro has a culture focused on quality and self-development which can be seen in the day-to-day work as a focus on technical testing and market validation. Nitro is keen for you to develop and provide paid learning time, regular retrospectives, and an active support network for when you need help or guidance.
Your responsibilities will include…
- Create and lead the execution of game concepts that achieve creative and commercial success
- Work to improve systems, designs, and processes
- Create design documents which contain the blueprint for the game’s design, gameplay, and interface
- Collaborate with artists and programmers to create fun f2p core gameplay experiences
- Design game systems that tie the core gameplay into meta layers
- Design, adjust and balance game economy it for long-lasting and fun gameplay
- Use in-game data to make decisions and improve the game
- Continuously learn and keep improving with ambitious and like-minded gaming professionals
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- Commercial experience and success working on mobile F2P games, preferably operating a live game as well as developing a title from scratch
- Deep understanding of the current mobile gaming market, including economy models
- Social game design skills, and understanding of the dynamics of competition and collaboration
- Experience of creating and managing balanced game systems and economies
- The skill and desire to lead a game's vision
- An open mind to adapt and iterate designs while also steering and making decisions when needed
- A genuine interest in F2P and mobile games, as well as the wider world of gaming
- Strong interest and belief in a data-driven approach to support & validate intuition
- Experience with Unity
- Narrative Design experience is a plus but not essential
***This role can be based in either Kotka or Helsinki***