We're working with the Codemasters' Southam studio to find a Senior Gameplay Programmer to join the team behind the Dirt Rally games! The team are hard at work on a new title and have also secured the official WRC licence from 2023, so the future looks exciting!
This opportunity will see you working alongside other talented programmers, designers and production staff to build innovative and exciting game features. In this multi-disciplinary environment, everyone is encouraged to evolve past their standard day-to-day duties and to share their ideas. Codemasters offer a social and collaborative working environment, which is important to them as it allows them to continue pushing the boundaries on what can be achieved.
As a Senior Gameplay Programmer within the team, you can expect to work on many aspects of the game, which will include end-to-end user experience, system design and user interfaces to name a few. With these wide-ranging opportunities, they're looking for someone who embraces a challenge and holds a desire to give something new a try.
In time, you will have the opportunity to take ownership of a large area of game code, for example you could become a UI specialist or you may prefer to be more of a generalist and help look after several features such as cameras, replays and game modes.
Codemasters can provide you with a high degree of autonomy and actively encourage ownership of code so that you can be the go-to person for the rest of the team. As a team, they are very open to using the cutting-edge in technology and actively encourage open discussion about programming and the latest developments.
Your role and responsibilities will include...
- Designing, implementing and documenting code to the required standards, agreeing timescales with the team and testing your work and fixing bugs
- Working within a cross-discipline team to develop code, delivering features and tools
- Participating in sprint reviews, sharing your work and providing feedback to help your scrum team be more efficient
- Contributing across the dev teams, actively encouraging and mentoring the members of the team
- Delivering the work that is assigned to you without interference and raise any issues or problems that arise that you are unable to solve
The skills and experience you'll need...
- Excellent modern C++ programming background
- Previous work in the games industry on several full-cycle shipped titles
- Meticulous attention to detail
- A conscientious approach and an awareness of the bigger picture of the project and the impact your actions have on its development
- An enthusiasm about modern development techniques and keen to apply them to games
Codemasters is committed to promoting personal development, whilst offering a substantial benefits package including...
- Annual performance reviews and bonus schemes
- Enhanced pension
- Private healthcare and dental plans for you and your family
- Discounted employee share scheme
- 10 free games per year and new console allowance and much more