Do you love working with high-end VR or AAA titles? Do you cherish the feeling you get knowing you've been part of a hit game? Supermassive are carving a unique and exciting path in the games industry, and are looking for a Senior Lighting Artist to join them on their journey!
Supermassive Games are a large and very successful AAA developer, based in one of the UK's largest game development hubs. They already have a catalogue of blockbuster and chart-topping titles in their arsenal, and they're looking to build on that strong foundation with YOUR help. Their games include the very popular Until Dawn, and a number of other cinematically beautiful, narrative-driven games. I'm looking for an experienced Lighting Artist to play a key role within this BAFTA-winning developer.
As the Senior Lighting Artist, you'll be responsible for taking charge of a team of lighting artists and will oversee the quality of results and productivity of the team for one of their cinematic games.
Your day-to-day tasks will include the following:
- Working with the Art Director to fully understand the visual style and visual goals for the project
- Ensuring the work done within the team meets these goals by working closely with the artists, reviewing their work and offering artistic guidance when needed
- Working with Production departments to set project timeframes, accurately accessing how long lighting tasks will take
- Ensuring that the team is able to meet project goals, in the scheduled time, and stays motivated to achieve great results
- Working with the technical department to ensure lighting work is within budget and maintains performance goals
- Leading by example when needed, and producing amazing work to inspire the team
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed:
- At least 5+ years of experience as a lighting artist, or equivalent senior artist role, working on at least one AAA title
- In-depth understanding and practical experience of lighting in either real-time gaming engines or in high-end CGI productions
- Strong technical understanding of real time rendering processes in modern game engines
- A strong portfolio of work which demonstrates your ability as an artist
- A proven track record of being an effective leader in an art discipline