Stellar Entertainment are looking for a Senior Physics Engineer to join their rapidly growing team on an exciting AAA project!
If creating believable, physically accurate worlds pushing the next level of video games is your passion, then this role could be for you. Reporting to the Technical Director and partnering with the Creative Director and gameplay teams, your code will create realism within Stellar Entertainment's Gen 5 titles.
Stellar Entertainment is a video game development studio based in Guildford, Surrey at the heart of a thriving community of game developers and publishers. They focus on quality and excellence and their partners and players are always front of mind in everything they do.
As a Senior Physics Engineer at Stellar Entertainment, you will need...
- Expertise in 3D mathematics, collision detection, game physics and game engines on a level you could write your own game physics engine
- Proficiency in C++ (with a minimum of 5 years professional development) and ability to architect, and debug, large systems
- Professional knowledge of at least one physics engine, e.g. PhysX, or Havok
- Aptness in debugging physics stability issues
- Understand of how to translate “Designer Speak” into Newtonian equations
- A passion for problem-solving
- A background of working closely with cross-discipline teams to understand their needs
- An understanding of software security and how to minimize vulnerabilities through system design
Just some of the benefits of working with Stellar Entertainment include...
- Working on international AAA game projects
- Access to cutting-edge hardware
- Employee Assistance Programme (mental health, financial and wellbeing advice)
- Flexible hybrid working
- 24 days holiday (starting)
- Christmas Shutdown
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Private Healthcare Plan
- Pension Plan
- Life Assurance
- Regular Team Incentives and Social Events