Senior Programmer (Remote)
Hardball Games - Brighton, UK
Aardvark Swift are delighted to be supporting Hardball with their opening round of hires. Hardball are a self-funded start-up built around the founders of Boss Alien, Mad Atom and TT Odyssey, and between them helped create massive titles such as CSR Racing, Pure, Split Second and most recently LEGO Star Wars Battles.
Hardball's aim is to make an IP that creates experiences for large groups of players looking for something innovative and different to play together. Their core belief is that to make fun games, they have to have fun making them together.
With that in mind, they have a number of roles available, with their most pressing need being for a Senior/Lead Programmer to join their team.
Working closely with all disciplines, you will bring the Creative Director’s vision to fruition. You will have the opportunity to lead development of game features. You’ll be a generalist and will work on all aspects of the game with a small team. You’ll need to be friendly, eager to learn, and get things done!
For this role, you'll need...
- C#/C/C++ professional experience within the video games industry
- To be a self-starter able to digest a goal, research and plan the steps to achieve it
- Excellent understanding of multiple programming languages
- Demonstrable work in technical design
- Willingness to pick up new languages and technologies
- A passion for an area of games technology or development which you can show you’ve gone deep into
- Flexibility with new ideas and, most importantly, open to direction and iteration
- The ability to work with Coders, Artists, Game and Audio Designers in a dynamic team environment
- Willingness to help others and ask for help where needed
Bonus points if you have...
- Experience of Unity, another C# game engine, or Unreal
- Shipped one or more games
- A background with networked game technologies and techniques
- Familiarity and understanding of network backends, cloud-based servers, and databases
- Experience of providing mentoring and leadership within a code team
This is an exciting, aspirational role. If you'd like to apply or find out more about this role, email email@example.com or call +44 (0) 1709834777 now!