Coffee Stain are looking to hire a Senior Programmer as they open a new studio in Malmo to work on their new IP Midnight Ghost Hunt; a chaotic multiplayer hide-and-seek game where you possess seemingly harmless objects as Ghosts or chase them down as Hunters before the clock strikes midnight!
As a Senior Programmer you will be instrumental in seeing Midnight Ghost Hunt through Early Access on Steam and beyond.
You’ll collaborate closely with the producers, developers from other teams as well as stakeholders and oversee the technical aspects of the product in close collaboration with the lead developer. This includes optimizations and concessions, as well as platform specific integrations. You will also provide technical guidance to colleagues, mentorship, and you will be able to shape how the team works to achieve the best results.
Your responsibilities will be…
- Oversee many technical aspects of Midnight Ghost Hunt, including implementation, debugging and optimization of network, backend, blueprints, and third-party integrations
- Implement gameplay and physics systems written in C++ and blueprint, in the already established codebase
- Participate in mentoring of less experienced team members
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- 5+ years as a game programmer or engineer
- Experience developing and releasing multiplayer games for PC and/or consoles
- Deep knowledge of Unreal Engine
- Advanced C++ knowledge
- Experience working with continuous integration.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and problem-solving ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
Bonus points if you also have experience working with automated testing, analytics, and quality assurance and any experience working on First/Third Person Shooters.
As the latest Coffee Stain office, the Malmo base will be building up the new studio with their new hires in mind. That’s why they are on the lookout for the best and brightest in UE4 games development and production. They offer the chance to build the new studio from the foundations up, with the backing of one of the hottest indie games studios and publishers in the world.
Coffee Stain are a rapidly growing team of developers and publishers who care deeply for every game they make, not just the one closest to release or the one that’s the most successful right now.