Climax Studios are on the lookout for a Senior Programmer, ideally with experience in UE4, to join the team working on a ground-breaking console game! Established nearly 30 years ago, they have an extensive history in developing all kinds of digital experiences across all formats, and have won multiple awards along the way!
As a Senior Programmer for Climax Studios, you will...
- Take ownership of the design and development of key game systems
- Rapidly gain in-depth knowledge of new technology and development practices
- Develop standard methodologies and effectively communicate these to other team members and disciplines
- Bring technical expertise and experience to the challenges of game development
- Effectively profile and optimise game systems
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Lead and guide key systems and areas of the game, inspiring teams and effectively communicating with clients when required
The skills and experience you'll need...
- A degree in computer science or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years commercial games programming history
- Experience of the full game development lifecycle
- Familiarity with design and content team collaboration
- Fluency in C++ programming
- Excellent written/verbal communication skillset
- Strong time management and organisation abilities, being an enthusiastic team worker
- A logical thinker with strong analytical skillset
- Excellent Maths-wired brain
- A real passion for games programming
- Experience working successfully within a dev team team, with at least one published commercial game under your belt
Just some of the benefits of working with Climax Studios include...
- Regular social events
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Fresh fruit and snacks
- A friendly, focused, ambitious and relaxed working environment
- Ongoing training and development, with career progression
- Discount card for all the shopping centre stores
- Great seafront location, a short walk from the rail station, bars, restaurants, coffee shops