d3t are a successful and growing video game software specialist, and have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and ambitious Senior Programmer to join their growing team based in Runcorn, Cheshire.
d3t, part of the global Keywords Studios group, work on multiple exciting projects at any one time, and can offer plenty of variety and involvement. They work with high-profile clients on amazing game titles and look for the best talent out there in the industry; producing top quality work is critical to satisfying and retaining client’s loyalty.
d3t are passionate about what they do and pride their selves on an anti-crunch mentality, mentoring ethos and have been awarded ‘Best Places to Work’ multiple times by gamesindustry.biz. The studio offers an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment and culture.
Your role and responsibilities will include...
- Analysing code reviews submitted by other team members
- Rendering bugs with an OpenGL to DirectX port
- Working on a memory allocator for a console title
- Assisting junior coders working on other aspects of the title such as input, save games etc, and ensuring they have clear direction in the way they tackle projects
The skills and experience you'll need...
- At least 4 years of professional development working in a programming position
- A track record shipping games or apps from inception to completion
- Fluency in multiple programming languages including C/C++
- A technical bias, with an interest in getting stuck-in to difficult problems every day
- Expertise in low-level code areas such as physics, rendering, memory management, networking etc
Bonus points if you have skills or experience in...
- Multiple programming languages
- In-house or commercial game engines
Just some of the many benefits offered by d3t include…
- 22 days holiday (+ 3 extra at Christmas + bank holidays)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme & Eye Care Scheme
- Anti-crunch ethos
- Income Protection
- Employee Share Scheme
- Annual Bonus
- Monthly Fitness Sessions
- Complimentary Refreshments
- Company Socials, Project Launch/Wrap Parties + Annual d3t Events
- Breakout Areas – filled with perks such as games, snacks etc
- Assistance and support with re-location to the area