A veteran AAA studio are on the lookout for a Senior Rendering Engineer for their Madrid studio!
As an Rendering Engineer you will play an essential role in the game creation process, with key involvement in architectural design, implementation, and debugging of rendering technology on multiple platforms. You'll collaborate with Designers, Artists and other Engineers to solve complex computer graphics problems.
This role will see you working on implementing features that will involve numerous aspects of the graphics and visual domain, developing graphic and related rendering systems, profile and optimisation of rendering, lighting and shading components of the game engine.
You will program the core rendering tool, feature, and graphical engine components of game engine and work with designers, animators, artists and other engineers on the implementation of new rendering and animation features. You'll also take ownership in debugging and improve gameplay infrastructure, participate in code reviews and maintain high code quality standards throughout the development cycle.
The skills and experience you'll bring to the role...
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent training and professional experience
- 5+ years C++ programming experience
- Background in Console programming (specifically memory and performance within a fixed resources system)
- Expertise with any of the following: shaders (HLSL, GLSL, CGFX), animation, skinning, lighting, special effects, particle systems, art pipelines, tool development and game engine architecture
- Familiarity with multithreading and object-oriented programming
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimisation
- Debugging skillset
- Knowledge of art related tools including Photoshop, 3DS Max, Maya, ZBrush
- Expertise working with data driven systems
- A firm grasp of GPU and CPU architectures and how to optimise
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Python, Lua) and C#
- A background with Perforce
***Remote role from any of the following countries: Spain, Romania, Sweden, Germany, United Kingdom***