A veteran AAA studio are looking for a Senior Rendering Engineer to join their amazing team!
You will work directly on the render hardware abstraction layer, developing the rendering backends for current and future platforms. The team itself is currently split between Orlando and Vancouver. You'll be working closely with your new “customers” and other rendering engineers to ensure consistent performance and quality across supported platforms.
Don’t miss this fantastic opportunity to contribute to the success of some of the industry’s biggest titles.
Your day-to-day will involve the following tasks:
- Develop and maintain the cross-platform graphics hardware abstraction layer
- Create and maintain tools to ensure high quality experience for render engineers
- Work closely with game team engineers to enable/deliver new rendering features
- Define and drive low level performance profiling and optimisation initiatives on multiple platforms
You will need...
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Maths or other related field
- Strong C++ knowledge with at least 6+ years of professional programming experience in real-time rendering
- Experience working in rendering for multiple shipped titles on current-generation consoles (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
- Knowledgeable of modern CPU/GPU hardware architecture
- Significant experience using low-level graphics API (DX11/12, Vulkan, console, etc)
- Significant experience with graphics debugging tools (Pix, Renderdoc etc)
- Deep understanding of memory management and multi-threading with related debugging and optimisation experience
Bonus points if you have...
- Professional experience working on device drivers
- A history of developing graphics debugging tools, utilities, and visualisers
- Ability to develop shaders in HLSL or GLSL
- Test-driven development experience
- Significant experience using source control systems (p4, git) in large code bases
- Attention to detail with respect to correctness and testability, beyond what is normally expected of code that might ship in one game
- A drive to continuously improve development processes and productivity