Aardvark Swift are working with HB Studios as they seek to recruit a Senior Software Engineer.
Do you like your sports? Whether you prefer a round of golf or making it rain on the basketball court wouldn’t it be great to be able to play when ever you liked, from the comfort of your own home?
As the new Senior Software Engineer you'll be combining your skills and your interests with the adaptation of VR to sports games.
Day to day, you can expect to…
- Lead a specific area of a game or development of a library, tool, or utility
- Mentor & develop members of the programming team
- Maintain an internal bug list and respond to issues
- Present technical design documents to the Technical Lead, including risk assessments & schedules for engine design changes or features
- Alert the Technical Lead & Producer to issues with agreed schedules
HB Studios is structured with the employees in mind and has a tight-knit family feel. So no more cubicles, it's approachable team pods and an on site theatre and gym from here on in, and that's just the work part!
You’ll be coming home to breath taking ocean views every night as the studio is based in a gorgeous, scenic port town just 90km (55 miles) along the coast from Halifax. It's perfect for relaxation and tranquillity!
Sound interesting? You’ll need the following…
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to program in C++
- Knowledge of C#
- Experience of DirectX / OpenGL/ Vulkan
- Windows programming experience
- Physics knowledge
Studio perks & benefits include...
- Comprehensive healthcare package
- Bonus related pay
- Company pension plan
- Free onsite gym
- In-house 250 seat theatre
- Organising sports leagues
- Biannual gaming bonanza
- Monthly company events