Dovetail are searching for a Senior Software Engineer to join their fishing franchise; producing awesome products like Bassmaster 2022!
Their staff can be based “where they do their best work” - meaning you'll have the option to work from either their HQ or from home. The studio is situated in a river-front building in the heart of the Historic Dockyard in Chatham, Kent, UK.
They are growing fast, developing games using cutting-edge technology and delivering these on multiple platforms: PC, PlayStation 4 and 5 and Xbox One and Series S/X.
You will work under the Director and alongside other engineers on the team. The Senior Software Engineer will take a leading role in tackling complex tasks and provide quality solutions, considering performance and maintenance.
Your role and responsibilities will include...
- Prototyping and implementing new features
- Determining technical solutions to creating design requirements
- Working closely with leads on art, design and production teams
- Providing insight to anticipate technical/workflow issues and provide solutions
- Optimising and maintaining the existing code base
- Offering support and mentoring to Junior Engineers
- Considering high level topics and outlining solution designs that other engineers may implement
The skills and experience you'll need...
- A proficiency with C++
- Minimum 2 years of professional development in the videogames industry
- A background in simulation games
- Either PC/Windows, Xbox One and/or PS4 development expertise
- Credited as at least Senior Software Engineer on at least 1 AAA title
- A familiarity working with middleware engine
- Project Management skillset
- Ability to set up systems and procedures
Some of the benefits of working with Dovetail include...
- An environment where you will be challenged but supported
- Industry leading work-life balance
- Developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Pension scheme
- My Rewards benefits package including health cash plan, cycle to work, eyecare and tec.
- Free parking
- Free fruit, tea & coffee and a stocked pantry
- Access to funded fitness events and health checks
- Regular social and sporting activities, including charity fundraising