Gameloft Montreal are currently looking for a UI Programmer to join the team. The successful candidate will participate in the production of new multiplatform games for console and mobile, and will work with well-known licences!
Gameloft’s mission is to amaze the world, so everyone can enjoy a moment of happiness. They have been proudly crafting games since 2000, two of which are featured in App Annie's “Top 10 iOS Games by All-Time Worldwide Downloads.” Talented Gameloft employees from all over the world have created established franchises, such as Asphalt®, Dragon Mania Legends, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter.
They put passion into every pixel of their games. It’s at the core of what they do every day, and major rights holders including Disney®, LEGO®, Universal, Mattel®, Lamborghini®, etc. recognize Gameloft’s creativity and trust them to produce awesome gaming experiences.
Your role and responsibilities will include...
- Working closely with the game designer, programmers and artists to create the various elements that make up the user interface
- Ensuring that the elements created are functional and closely adhere to the requirements in terms of graphics and layout
- Optimising and debugging existing user interfaces
- Undertaking tasks unrelated to the UI, when necessary
The skills and experience you'll need...
- Diploma of college studies or equivalent
- At least 3 years’ professional development in programming
- University degree in computer engineering, computer science, or equivalent
- Mastery of C# (any other language is an asset)
- Graphic-design and animation skillset
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop
- Ability to learn new development tools
- Strong organizational mentality and good work methods
- In-depth knowledge of video-game development
- Good communication skills and the ability to work on a team
- Comprehensive understanding of 2D animation methods
- English-French bilingualism is a bonus
- Knowledge of 3ds Max or Maya is beneficial
- And above all, motivation and a passion for your work!
Just some of the benefits of working with Gameloft include...
- Flexible schedule
- Mobile days off, available from day one
- Time off between Christmas and New Year’s Day to help you start the year off on the right foot
- Group RRSP program with employer contributions
- Great group insurance program
- Free 24/7 access to a virtual medical clinic
- The Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Partial reimbursement of your commuting costs (for public transit and/or parking)
- Support for new employees relocating from countries or regions outside Quebec
- Referral program with bonuses
- Regular activities and prizes courtesy of our Social Committee
- Secure bike storage room and a subsidy to encourage active transportation (during the summer)
- Daily snacks (fruit, coffee, etc.)
- Friday happy hours
- A game room
- A rooftop terrace
- Studio located near Jarry Park and the charming Mile-Ex and Little Italy neighbourhoods
- Fitness classes at the studio itself or at Jarry Park (e.g., yoga)