Elevation is looking to hire a Technical Animator to join their all-new studio, seeded by the creative talent of nDreams. Elevation aims to bring the evolution of VR development to core gamers with fresh innovation for the next generation of VR hardware and software.
As Technical Animator at Elevation you will help the studio explore, create, and deliver world leading innovation in software and VR hardware, become one of the core team members to help path-find the remote first studio, crafting a new generation of VR development and bringing AAA core VR games to fruition.
You will be responsible for the artistry of your work as much as its perception in an all-encompassing VR space. The studio values the power of animation and the impact it can have when gelling a cohesive and innovative sense of style and presentation.
Your key responsibilities…
- Collaborate with project stake holders and leadership to maintain creative and technical goals
- Work with production to deliver a schedule of work on time
- Input to the development of animation styles to ensure visual quality, technical compliance and relevance to both games and hardware
- Push the legibility as well as stylistic qualities within each animation set
- Help define motion planning and implementation process of characters and their respective responsiveness
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role…
- Understanding of blueprints in Unreal
- Ability to create blend spaces
- Ability to hook blend spaces into state machines
- Working knowledge of industry standard project management tools and source control software
- Experience or demonstrable transferrable skills to work in Maya and Unreal
- Positive and outgoing personality, able to receive and adapt well to feedback
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment and responsive to change in the face of uncertainty
- Organised with effective time management to maintain a schedule of work
Elevation is a remote first studio, work from anywhere to push the boundaries of VR with cutting edge technology and the support of established VR expertise from the wider nDreams group.